TIP: Quick Installation of Server Features required for K2 Blackpearl

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Greetings!

I have been conducting a multi-server, multi-environment setup and while I was working on the first server I noticed something in the "Add Roles and Features" wizard that I had never paid much attention to. At the end of the wizard, you are given the option to save the configuration to an XML file.

I thought, "I have several more servers to do that I want to be identical. I wonder if this would make life easier...."  

The short answer, yes it does! 

You can either create your own from the first node/server that you setup or I have attached an example one to this post.

When you are ready to install your next node/server, use PowerShell instead. Be sure to launch power shell with administrator credentials and then run the following command:

PS C:Install> Install-WindowsFeature -ConfigurationFilePath .DeploymentConfigurationTemplate.xml

Note that the current drive path and path to the XML file will be different for your environment.

The execution should look something like this:

14177i94C84CA8F3B0D610.png

Hope this helps makes things go a bit smoother for you!

Reference: https://dirteam.com/sander/2012/09/12/reusing-a-role-installation-xml-file-in-windows-server-2012-to-install-the-active-directory-domain-services-role/

S.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!