Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

State machine is not switching the states

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I have a very simple workflow which has the state machine. It has 2 states Verification and resubmit.

Initially it will go to verification state which has assign task action. On approval the state machine will end and on rejection of task it is changing the state to resubmit. On resubmit state it wait until user submits the data and it has to change the state back to verification.But once user submits the data it is not changing the state to verification. There is no error also.

Capture.PNG

Please help in resolving this.

Regards,

Hema

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: State machine is not switching the states

Jump to solution
Hi,
I have looked at your worklfow design and tested it.
It worked fine in my ShaerPoint 2016 environment.
There will usually be around a 5 minute pause between changing from the Resubmit state to the Verification state and the task is generated again. This is because when the state changes the workflow resumes in the Workflow timer service which by defulat runs every 5 minutes.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the response. Even i have worked on this scenario before but never faced this issue. Yesterday i started to face this issue.

Till now the workflow has not changed its state. We are also using SP 2016. Not getting the exact cause for this.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Jump to solution
Hi,

Have you run the workflow multiple times? And if so does it always gets stuck in that spot? If you run a simple workflow with a pause action does the workflow complete?
If you restart the timer service does the workflow complete?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi ,

Yes it was my timer service error. After restarting the timer service it is working!

Thanks Simon.

0 Kudos