Task is not shown in Sharepoint K2.NET Tasklist

• 21 October 2005
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +2
Hi,
One of my users cannot see his task from the Sharepoint web part of K2.NET tasklist although a task has been assigned to him. In the Worklist item of K2.NET service manager, it shows that the task is "Available" to the user. What could be the possible cause?

We are currently using K2.NET SP2a and i couldn't find the K2Server.log which normally resides in Program FilesK2.Net2003in. How do i keep track the user activity without the K2Server.log??

3 replies

Badge +11
It's strange that it only happens with one user. What normally happens is that the request to K2ROM is made under the 'NT_AUTHORITYANONYMOUS' who's worklist is obviously empty. In your case however, it is probably not the case. If it only happens with one user, the problem is probably machine specific.

Have you tried a different user (with existing worklist items in his/her tasklist) to log in on the same client machine and see whether he/she gets any worklist items back?

To enable logging to the K2Server.log file, right-click on the server name in K2.net Service Manager and select Properties. Select the Advanced tab and tick the Trace checkbox. Select Ok and restart K2.net Server. From now on, the K2Server.log file should be written to the said folder.

Once the problem is solved, just remember to disable logging again.

Regards,
Ockert
Badge +2
Thanks Ockert. I will verify with my user by using another machine.
Badge +11
AND get a 'working' user to log in on suspect machine...