cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: Starting your Workflow

I am also seeing strange behavior. I have "Conditional" as an option under "Start when items are modified", but it is missing under "Start when items are created". Here is what I see:

Conditional is missing for created section -

MissingConditionalOption.png

Conditional is there for modified section -

ShowingConditionalOption.png

What's going on? Can anyone help me get that option?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Soteris, If I recall correctly, it does not. That is because the delete is handled by an event handler and doesn't make a modification to the item - therefore can't initiate a workflow. It would require a custom event handler to do that.

Gerard

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Hi,

One of my customers has exactly the same behavior on specific worklfows (not all of them, not a specific type).

Did you solve your problem?

Is there anyone who got the explanation?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

I know it's been a long time since this question was asked, but here's what I've noticed.

If I save a list that has a workflow as a template (template library), and then create a new list from the template (add app), the workflow is there, but it doesn't show up in the list. This is, well, irritating. The workflow runs, but you just can't see it even if you go here:

manageworkflow4-7-2016 6-51-19 AM.png

This means you can't modify the workflow. So what I do, is go back to the original list, export the workflow, and then import it. It's not pretty, but it works.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Unfortunately we haven't been able to determine why the conditional start on item creation is not showing up only for certain lists/workflows. If you figure it out, please let me know!

-Reed

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Can anyone shed some light as to why the conditional state when changed to no would revert back to conditional upon running the workflow for the SCA of the particular site?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

The thing I am struggling with at the moment is the user ID requirement when starting a workflow from within another workflow.

Ideally I would like to start Workflow B from Workflow A using the user ID of the person that started Workflow A. I can get the Initiator's ID with {Workflow Context:Initiator email address}, but I cannot do the same for their password. If I just point it to the Workflow Context:Initiator I get "The entered and stored passwords do not match."

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

when 1 item gets modified, the WF will be initiated. But How can i get that item details? ONLY that specific item that trigger the WF to start.

Any idea? thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Hi jen ho‌.  It would be better to post any questions you may have as a separate question as more people would see it and respond.  You can use this link to submit it. Ask a Question

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

This would seem the most obvious use to me, people are trying to create a workflow to simplify and automate processes but it is quite difficult to start the process. I would have thought one of the first options would be "Click here to start workflow" otherwise people who the process has been designed for get to the page and have to call the person who created the process... defeating the purpose of having the workflow! The person creating the workflow may often be a business analyst or work in a support team etc but not use the process on a daily basis.