cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: Starting your Workflow

Keron,

I think you might be mixing workflow scope levels.  Some actions/information will not be available at the list level as opposed to the site level.  Site collection reusable workflows also display certain things as well, so that might be where the issue is coming from. 

If you cannot see the Nintex workflow option at the site level, go to the site features and ensure that the feature is activated there.  This should resolve that for you.

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

When starting a workflow manually, I do not want the user to see the visual diagram of the workflow - it is just confusing to the user. I want it to start right away. How can I accomplish this?

Regards

Leif

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Leif,

It may be necessary to have the workflow start automatically.  Another thought would be to use an action set to hide the other actions and then have the user simply hit the start button at the top.  I will discuss this during the live hangout so check it out here Unanswered Questions .

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

I am new in nintex   first of i have install nintex workflow trails version in sharepoint 2013 environment nintex  already successfully install i have get msg .but nintex  menu not show in my all program or desktop menu.show only in  SharePoint administrator.my question is  how to create first workflow any anyone help me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Hello Prerna Acadmy

Here is a page from the nintex community which has the basics to start out with nintex workflows / forms -

Getting Started

Basic Branching Workflow

Hope that helps with a starting you out.

Thanks

Karen

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Emily, thanks for the detailed article. I've noticed slightly different behavior when using the start workflow when Modified. With document libraries I've noticed the Modified is executed after the document is uploaded and required fields are entered. With lists the Modified run doesn't occurs when the item it first created. Is this by design or am I seeing peculiar behavior?

TIA,

Gerard

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Gerald,

Wanted to see if I could assist you some on this.

Based on what you mentioned, for the Document Library running a workflow to start when modified does get triggered because how SharePoint runs the upload action.  When you upload a document, it triggers the new item.  When you add metadata, you are actually modified the new item that was uploaded.

This is different for a list item because the trigger on the list item is when the item (aka metadata) on that item is added. So for list items, setting it to start on item created will trigger as soon as the the item is created while start on item modified for a list will do just that. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Eric, thanks for the feedback. It sounds like your confirming my observations, can I conclude you are also confirming that this is by design?

Gerard

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Yes, you are correct.  This is by design and the constraint is on how the SharePoint platform runs.  Hope that helps.  Let me know if you need any specific ideas around building your solution.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Does the workflow option "Start when items are modified" triggers the workflow when item is deleted from the collection?

0 Kudos