cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: Starting your Workflow

Patty,

Can you very that the workflow has been published?  Also do you have any criteria such as Run If, or in there that could be causing it to wait until a specific criteria is met?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Hi Eric,

Yes, it's been published. There was a Run If in it but I removed it.  Now, there's a Query List with filtering that gets the ID and puts it results of the query into a collection variable.  There is an Action Set with a "For Each" with the Target Collection same as the collection variable used by the Query List. Then there is a Calculate Date, two math functions, a send notification, and an update item.

It did not start "immediately" and still has not started.  When I go to List Settings and look at Workflow Settings there are no "Workflows in Progress" on this workflow.

Does this have something to do with the Nintex Workflow Timer?  I set up a workflow to run at 12:01 AM on 2/5/15.  It didn't run until 6:36 AM on 2/5/15.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Patti,

There may be a time offset on the server.  Curious, how did you set it up to run at a specific time?  Did you schedule that, use a Pause until?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Hi Eric. See below.  See Start Time. Maybe this only works with a "site" workflow as opposed to a list workflow?????  Maybe you can't start the workflow from inside the same workflow. Maybe you can only start a different workflow using "Start Workflow".  I've got the "Start Workflow" inside the Recalculate Countdown 020515 workflow telling the workflow to start itself.  Maybe you can't do that?

start-workflow-action-2-5-2015 10-58-47 AM.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

hi,

I have create Document library for each department but 8 out of 10 department working fine just 2 department workflow is not start.

exactly  same set up for each department.

here is one of "fail" workflow -

conditional setting is not working when you click drop box all of status options are disappeared

work.gif

this is working "workflow setting"

workf 2.gif

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Hi

I would like to ask the same question as the user Michael Ngo who asked if it was possible to start  a workflow via a custom button in a form?

Thanks

Karen

Highlighted
Not applicable

Hey Karen, can you post your question in the Learn More​ space? More of the community will see your question there!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Hi, can someone tell me a possible reason why a saved and published workflow isn't visible in the site content workflow lists?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Keron,

There could be a number of reasons.  If you don't have access to that particular list/library then you wouldn't see the workflow either.  Another reason is ensuring the workflow was published under the correct context.  If you are looking for a list workflow, it wouldn't be listed under site workflows.  Those are two different areas within SharePoint.

Hope that helps.

Highlighted
Not applicable

Eric,

Thanks for you input so far I have ensured that I have correct permissions. As for publishing under the correct content, I believe that is also correct. The workflow templates that I created are visible in the template gallery at site collection level under the Nintex workflow Option. However when I try to add or associate the list to a workflow I can't see any of the templates that I created. I am in the site owners permissions and have full control. When I click on the workflow settings option on the ribbon for the list, I can see the templates. However when I try to add a workflow the templates aren't in the template box. Have you encountered that before?

Kind regards,

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////^

Since I messaged last I have solved the mystery. I deactivated the Nintex workflow feature and activated it again and that seems to have fixed the problem I was having. However are the Nintex workflow options only available at site collection level?