Getting Environment Library FieldPart error wen deploying ...Please Help

• 31 October 2011
  • 8 replies

Badge +1

Environment Library FieldPart used in the 'ClientEvent' object with name '*****' cannot be found in your Environment Library. Re-run the wizard and assign new values where necessary ****.kprx Processes

8 replies

Badge +10

Hi,

This means that there is an Environment Field which is used in your Client Event which does not exist in the environment you are deploying to.

To fix this, create a new environment field either through the K2 Object Browser or through K2 Workspace > Management Console > Environment Library > Templates > Default Template > Template Fields. Remember to specify the name exactly as the name in the Error message and give this a value which corresponds to the environment you are deploying to.

Regards,

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Yes like Johan said, you can create it and the deployment will pass. But I have a suspicion in your case the field is not used in the client event anymore and was removed. If I’m correct, try right clicking on the design canvas and update the design templates, if this doesn’t work try to delete the client event and recreate it if possible.

Bottom line, if the said environment field is not used in the client event anymore, you can get past this by creating the environment field as a dummy, just to get the deployment to pass.

HTH

Vernon

Badge +1

Right now i am getting below error....after creating environment libray fields.

Error 1 Access to the path '******.kprx' is denied.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
   at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append)
   at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize)
   at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding)
   at SourceCode.Workflow.Authoring.Process.SaveAs(String fileName)
   at SourceCode.Workflow.Authoring.Process.Save()
   at SourceCode.Workflow.Authoring.Process.Compile()
   at SourceCode.DeploymentTasks.Compiler.WorkflowCompiler.Execute() C:Program Files (x86)MSBuildSourceCodev1.0ProjectSystem.targets 28 6 

Please help

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Please check that the project file being accessed is not a read-only file. If this is the case, select properties and uncheck the read-only box..also verify that the deploying user has rights on that folder path.

HTH

Vernon

Badge +1

I did the same but again i am getting the same message.....can you please help with any other thoughts.

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Im not sure what account is trying to access the Path specified as *****, but try granting Authenticated Users / Everyone full access on it just as a test. Alternatively run something like Filemon, it may give more info on what account if failing to access the path/file.

Vernon

Badge +1

Thanks Vernon and JohanL

I have added dummy environment field which solved the first issue

then for the second issue there is some project reference which is in different folder and I removed read only for that folder and finally eveything got deployed.

Thanks Both.

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Nice, glad it is solved J