Security in the Connection Object

• 30 October 2011
  • 3 replies

Badge +11

Hi

I am just wondering if the Connection object is secure?

When i connect from my Machine (XYZ) to the K2Server Machine(ABC). how do i make sure that the All types of data transfered - Credentials, process instance data,...- between the K2 server and my Machine is secure.

I know this is a big question to answer and i hope i get a comprehensive cover on this issue.

3 replies

Badge +10

Hi,

I don't think the Connection object provides this type of security. In your connection string you can encrypt credentials, but all the rest will be sent unencrypted.

For this type of security you will need to use IPSec. For any web requests, secure the K2 Workspace site with SSL as well as all the K2 web services. By configuring IPSec and SSL you will ensure that all communication is secure on your network and that network tracing software cannot be used to obtain sensitive information. Note that IPSec is a compreshensive solution and this needs to be thoroughly planned before you implement.

You can read up on IPSec on Technet and I'm sure your Network Administrators can also assist with technical questions regarding the implementation.

I hope this helps!

Badge +11

Thanks a lot for your answer. johan ... you helped me a lot in this question and in the past.

Another question is about the concurrency of the connection object  . i searched about it, but there is no much infor about it. i hope that "You" being an insider in the k2 team can have a healing answer to this too.

Badge +10

Hi,

I think such a topic should go under its own thread.

Start a new one and supply more details and I will see what I can do.

What exactly do you need to know about concurrency? Is it with regards to multiple connections to the same process or is it more high-level such as maximum number of concurrent connections? Please elaborate what info you are after and I'll try to answer or there might be someone with more experience which could answer the question.

Regards,