Transfering checkbox value from subview to listview on form

• 23 January 2017
  • 1 reply

I have a request form to which can be added one or more items. There is an "Add New" button on the form that opens a subview to capture all the details on the requested item. When all the details have been entered, the item is saved back to the main form where there is a list view that shows all the items that have been requested. A "Transfer Data" rule is used to move the data from the subview to the Add/Edit row of the list view.

All works as expected with one exception: the subview has several checkboxes that wil not transfer over if True. I have tried direct transfer (subview control to list view control) and I have tried using expressions (If subview control = True, set list view control =True). Nothing works and I am getting frustrated. One of these checkboxes indicates whether or not the request is "Urgent" so it is very important that I resolve this issue quickly.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

AZ

1 reply

Badge +9

HI,

Just an idea-create a custom table in database and create its smartobject using server tester utility. Update the smo when submit rule is applied in subview and use the same smo to the listview in the mainform to load the data. Sometimes smartobject makes complex things simple to work around, anyway this SMO acts as temporary, so you may clear the fields once the action is done.