Solved

Query SharePoint list to get list item in workflow

Hi Everyone,

I have a approval matrix which has different combination of items with approvers. I want to query this list and get appropriate item based on user input.

I tried using Get List Item reference and smartobjects get list item by titile method, but both these actions work with equal condition, there is no option to use contains.

How can I query the list with contains option?

Thanks,

Prafull

icon

Best answer by tin 6 July 2017, 21:49

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

How are you querying this Sharepoint List?  Is it via SmartObject event, Sharepoint events, etc.; please attach a screenshot if possible.

Usually if it involves a SmartObject, the Get List Items method should allow for filters (such as StartsWith, Contains, etc.)  on top of just Input Properties (which will do an 'Equals').

I am using GetList item reference list method which only has filter properties that only do 'equal' operation.

Smartobject methos dont have getlistitem method, it has only 'getlistitembyid'or 'getlistitembytitle'. Please find attached screenshots for more details.

Please let me know if I am doing anything wrong. Also please suggest any other way.

Thanks,

Prafull

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

Perhaps usage of the 'Create Reference' wizard will provided you with the necessary functionality.

https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/K2ForSharePoint/UserGuide/4.7/default.htm#Thin_Client_Wizards/General_Wizards/Create_Reference/Create_Reference.htm

Thanks Tin,

This is what I wanted.