Generic component for multiple nintex forms

Badge +1

I have a requirement where i need to create multiple forms.

There are 2 sections which are common to all the forms.

How can i design my nintex forms so that i can include these generic  sections in the forms and dont need to create them in every form.

In these sections , we have input fields to get the person details for the user, so it is common to all the forms.

5 replies

Badge +10

You can create the two section in a form and export it. Use this exported form as a template and add other controls as needed.

Badge +1

Thanks Sojan

Will all the forms be updated if we make changes in the layout after creation of forms?

Also, what if i need to change the layout of forms i.e in some forms the common section will be on top and in some they can be at bottom. Also if i just need one of the generic section in one form and want to include all generic sections in other form.

Is there no way to just create these generic sections and add one/many of them in a form when required as the structure of the forms can be different as per my project requirement

Badge +3

In my opinion the forms won't be updated automatically. To export and import the forms is just a workaround to reduce your effort in form creation.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

I suggest you to write a common script that will render your section on all forms.

In that way you can make changes on your script/section that will be common for all your forms without the need of publishing or modifying individual forms.

Badge +1

Thanks Fernando,

Can you elaborate what kind of script  is required to render Nintex controls.

I need to add nintex controls/ sharepoint columns in the sections. i am using jquery to call external webapi to prepopulate some of the fields.