cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
khalidinio
Nintex Newbie

Start another workflow after set item permissions (break inheritance) gives error.

Jump to solution

We are using SharePoint 2013 and Nintex 2013. I created a simple workflow which starts a second workflow. Before I start the second workflow I set item permissions. I break inheritance and give the initiator full control. When the workflow try to start the second workflow it thorws an error:

Start workflow failed. The item does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user.

Why is not possible to modify the list item permissions before starting another workflow?

start another workflow.PNG

start another workflow 2.PNG

start another workflow 3.PNG

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Start another workflow after set item permissions (break inheritance) gives error.

Jump to solution

try to add pause action after set permission one

0 Kudos
khalidinio
Nintex Newbie

Re: Start another workflow after set item permissions (break inheritance) gives error.

Jump to solution

Is this a known issue/bug? Why is the second activity not waiting till the first activity is finished?

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

it's sharepoint feature - it doesn't execute actions immediatelly as they are passed trhough within workflow. it batches action from all over the environment and executes them once in a while.

furthermore there other batching aspects, and different complexity to execute each action. 

that all may have effect on subsequent actions

see eg. this blog for further details

https://community.nintex.com/t5/Community-Blogs/Defensive-Workflow-Design-Part-5-Batching/ba-p/80267...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos