Solved

Start Nintex workflow to approve publishing a major version of an item

• 17 June 2015
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

We have a Nintex workflow which starts with the minor version, goes for multiple approvals and ends with publishing the major version by changing the approval status to "Approved"

But. Is it possible to start this Nintex workflow like the following way where we can start an OOTB approval workflow?@

88660_pastedImage_4.png

The best advantage of using the above way is that user can just click on "Publish" and it will start an approval.

88659_pastedImage_2.png

Or is there any OOTB way to kick off the workflow from item ribbon?

I also read the following explanation where we can achieve it through some custom coding but the client want to go for an easy way.

http://www.ilovesharepoint.com/2009/01/publish-major-version-declarative.html

PS : Yeah, they laughed at me saying why Nintex can't provide this feature when even an OOTB 2010 approval workflow can do it. sad.png

icon

Best answer by alex_burton 2 July 2015, 09:34

View original

3 replies

Badge +4

Hi,

Thanks for your post. Technically as Christian's blog post shows, it's possible to implement a workaround, however looking back through our product suggestions and internal backlogs, the query hasn't come up that many times and hasn't made the top of the list for development.

My ask would be to add the request to our nintex.uservoice.com site for WF so others can chime in and we can get an accurate understanding of demand and hopefully do the work

Badge +3

Hi

Have they released anything now as last comments were in 2015

Yes, what is happening with this space since the depreciation of the native sharepoint document approval workflow?