cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Stalled state machine

I have a question regarding a stalled state machine, i have looked through the forums and the advise against stalled state machine but i cant seem to find a solution.

The workflow stalls when it tries to move onto the Business Data Architect which has a person designated in it to send the item to.  The person listed is me and works through all the other stages.  The workflow says it is active but then just sits there after the Change state section.  Does anyone have any ideas what i might be doing wrong?

I have attached the workflow as it is at present.

workflow 1.pngworkflow 2.png

Labels: (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: Stalled state machine

If you made some test on the value saved in the current list item ("Update item" action), may be the "Commit pending changes" action could help you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Thankyou for the repsonse.  where would you recommend the Commit pending changes action to go?   Would you place it at the end of the state where it isnt working or at the beginning of the next one?  Havent used them before so unsure where to place it

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

After the "Update item" action and may be after the "Set field value" too.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Daniel

what do you have in the "run if" block ?

Could you test by deactivating the "set a condition" block ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

In the Run If box there is a condition:

condition :if current item field equals value

Where: Status / equals / Value / Local cost centre owner approver

This the previous stage and the item is updating and emailing out that the local cost centre has been approved, it seesm to go through the run if but then gets stuck at the change state stage

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Unfortunately that doesnt seem to work, its recording it as working correctly but still getting stuck at the same point. very odd

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Very strange, Daniel

did you read this thread :

Nintex Workflow Hangs on State Machine

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Hi Daniel,

Does the SharePoint farm have multiple servers? We experienced the same problem with some of our customers with multi-server farms.

In these cases, the problems seems to occur due to a caching problem.

You can check this by opening the cache.ini file on each server (located in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\SharePoint\Config) and comparing the number in the file.

If the numbers are different, there is a problem with the cache.

To fix it you can do the following:

1. Stop SharePoint Timer Service on all servers
  2. Delete all XML files (NOT the cache.ini)
  3. Replace the number in the cache.ini with 1 (in all files on all servers)
  4. Restart SharePoint Timer Service on all servers

If the problem is with the cache, this will fix it.

Hope it helps,

Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

In this kind of a workflow it looks like you need to put Commit Pending Changes before you change state, in that way you are committing all the changes before you move to the next state.

I have tried this on mine and it did help I have another issue but this specific one has been resolved by committing my change before changing state.

Regards

Bhuti

0 Kudos