How can I create a Nintex Form that would be displayed only on Edit mode?

• 6 October 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hi guys, 

I was trying to find a concrete question and answer of this topic but I wasn't successful, please correct me if I'm wrong and if its possible a link to it that question would be great .
If there isn't such a question and relevant answer then I would be very thankful to you if you can help here.
How can I create an 'Edit' display form using the Nintex Form application but without making the controls visible or not.
I wasn't able to find a button/property ( lets say ) that would define the created Form as New, Edit or Display one.
I'm newly member of this community and I have very little experience with Nintex forms, I'm still learning the capabilities of this application and that's why any advice/help here would be great. 

Thanks,
Jovica

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hey there,

Although this post of mine doesn't directly answer your question, it does show how/where you can find the different modes.  You are able to hide controls within the fomr based on the New, Edit, View modes of a form.   Anyways, check it out and see if it helps get you started.   

Thanks,

Mike

Badge +6

Hi Jovica Sekulovski‌ ,

Unlike the SharePoint out-of-box forms , Nintex does not have the concept of separate form for every mode
It only supports creation of one form but using the rule you can hide/show the controls based on the Form Mode (New , Edit or display).

Refer Mike Matsako‌ blog on how to use the rules.

Badge +1

Hi Mike, 

Thanks a lot for your article ,judging by the Saud too I guess I'm going to use the condition capability you have explained there and I think it would help me.

Thanks again,
Regards,
Jovica

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Excellent, if you could mark my answer as correct I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Mike