cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
shaunguyver1987
Nintex Newbie

Specify where to re-start workflow when form is edited and re-submitted

I have a workflow with about 7 different approval levels (approver 1 - 7), before it is finally 'Approved' by the most senior approver.

Offline, approvers will have discussions about items going through the workflow. This will often require items to be edited and re-submitted.

Here's my problem - Once an item is opened and re-submitted, it always goes back to the beginning of the workflow.

Is there any way for users who are opening, editing and re-submitting items to specify where in the workflow the form will be re-submitted to? So instead of going back to the beginning, they can specify it to go back to, say, 'approver 5'?

Labels: (3)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Specify where to re-start workflow when form is edited and re-submitted

Yes it is possible but it depends on your workflow design. You just need to track your item status in which approval stage it is now. From your explanation i could say that you build single workflow with 7 steps of approval. But you could split this workflow in 7 small approval workflows where these workflows will watch for the status field to change and will trigger after that. and the first approval could be started from item menu.

0 Kudos
shaunguyver1987
Nintex Newbie

Thanks Donatas, I'll look into this solution and let you know if I have any questions.

0 Kudos
shaunguyver1987
Nintex Newbie

Hi Donatas - I'm afraid I didn't fully understand your solution. However, I simply set a condition before each Flexi Task to read whether or not that approver had already approved the request. If they had, it would skip them. If they hadn't, it would go to them for approval.

Thanks

0 Kudos
rohansm83
Nintex Newbie

Hi Shaun,

Please check under workflow setting , how you are starting workflow.

I think , it set "yes" when items are modified. Make it as "No".

-Rohan

0 Kudos