Is Active Directory a requirement for K2 Blackpearl?

Badge +1

Hi,

I've been searching all the official documents and I can't find out whether Active Directory is a requirement for K2 Blackpearl.

In other words, can K2 blackpearl be installed in a workgroup configuration and using SQL Server for user management?

Thanks!

7 replies

Badge +9
Yes, Active Directory is a requirement.  K2 blackpearl won't install properly if you use a workgroup server machine.
Badge +8

Hi johny,

I have a doubt, If we use blackpearl with a typical internet web application workflows(for ex:K2Underground) can we use a typical User Table for lookup instead of ActiveDirectory.

Badge +9
You can use the SQL User manager for non-AD users.  However, the K2 server itself still requires active directory for the setup.
Badge +8

Thanks,

Can u tell us how we can setup this SQL User manager..Is there any srticle where i can read about this?

Badge +9
It's already installed by default.  The security prefix is "K2SQL".  Note that the K2 workspace currently does not work with SQLUM users.  So basically, this will only work if you have custom ASP.NET forms.  This allows you to specify the user id and password when opening the connection.  e.g. "K2SQL:MyUser"
Badge +8
Ok thanks
Badge +1
Thanks Johnny.