cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Site workflow to change column values

Hello Friends,

I have a calculated column AToday with formula TODAY()

Now my requirement is, this column should display the only the current day's date. I would like to know if there's a way that we can trigger a site workflow to change the data?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Site workflow to change column values

Hi,

are you using Nintex on SharePoint on-premises or on O365?

On premises you could schedule a site workflow to run every day and update the column with the current date.

Giacomo

Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hello,

I'm using SharePoint on-premises and yes I do agree that a workflow can be scheduled. Can you suggest how to build one? Thank you

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

this column should display the only the current day's date

what are you supposed to do with workflow?

if it is just matter of display just change either form control to display date only or list column to hold date only.

Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

I'm sorry Marian, I didn't quite follow what you're trying to say. I want the column to display today's date.

Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Ok so I'm trying to use this logic

1. Query list action what will retrieve the ID and store it in a collection variable

2. For each loop configuration. Index is number variable

3. This is where the fun starts as I definitely made some silly mistakes here because I don't know what should be there in "Where" condition

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

If in your list you have to use a calculated field value, then you have to do a site workflow that will do a query list action on the specific list and get all the IDs and one other field value of the items you want to update and save them in two collection variable.

Then you can do a For Each action against the values in the ID Collection and update each item in the list with that specific ID (you will update the same field you have extracted with the already existing value), in that way the calculated field will be calculated again and updated.

Otherwise, more easier, if you could use a date column instead of the calculated one, you could just query for IDs and then for each ID update the date column with the current date.

Once you have created the workflow, you could schedule it from the site actions menu.

Giacomo

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi, in the where you have to specify with field you should use to match the item..in this specific case you have to set it as:

Where ID equals Index (your variable)

Giacomo

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

I want to say, that, IMHO, you do not need any workflow to achieve your requirement.

if you want to display date only on the form then configure date control to do so

if you need it in list view configure list column so

Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hi all, thank you for helping me out on this. Marian Hatala : I needed a way in which today's date would be displayed without any manual intervention.

So thank you Giacomo Gelosi for pointing this out. I went ahead and created this workflow

Step 1: Regular expression to get me only Date specific information(not required). today is a workflow variable that stores today's date(I know its confusing )

Step 2: Query the list and get the ID information and store it a collection variable. If needed you can implement some filter logic

Step 3: For each loop configuration for storing and using the data stored in collection variable. This stores the ID related info. Index is number workflow variable

Step 4: Update the column with today's date. The txtvariable stores only the date info

Now when I trigger the workflow manually, the calcdate value will automatically be updated with today's date. I would go ahead and schedule the workflow to run once a day.

Hopefully this would be helpful for you all. Thank you

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply