Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Site workflow that groups data

Jump to solution

Hello Friends,

I have a SharePoint list with the following data

Based on some criteria, let's say Today's date is equal to Follow-Up date, I want to send out emails to the dealers using a site workflow.

My query: Is it possible to group the information based on System Name and send it as one email to Dealer1 instead of sending 3 separate emails?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Site workflow that groups data

Jump to solution

Hi ChandraShekhar R,

Yes, it is possible to group the data.

You have to use following actions in your workflow.

1. Query List (to get all the records from your list or filter them if there is any criteria, save the fields in a collection)

2. Collection Operation (remove duplicate names from system name collection and save it back in the same collection)

3. For Each loop (for each system name, create Index called IndSystemName)

4. Use Collection Operation, for collPartNumber select Get operation, save value in varPartNum using Index variable IndSystemName.

5. Use another collection operation for Part Name as well. You can do both action in parallel branch.

6. Build String - {varPartNum}{AllParts} and save to variable {AllParts}.

7. Use Set variable varDearlerName, using List Lookup where System Name = varSystemName being used in the loop.

8. Outside this loop, use Send Notification action to the email address associated with variable. Test it with your account. The body of the email will contain the AllParts variable.

If you would like to create a table, then here is a good tutorial for it Creating attractive emails with HTML tables in Nintex | Habanero Consulting Group

https://splearnings.com/tag/create-a-table-format-in-nintex-email-notification/

Hope this helps.

Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Site workflow that groups data

Jump to solution

Maybe you could use a REST or web service call to the list so the data is returned as XML in one call. Then use the XPath to convert it to an HTML table in one action and just use that XML in the email.

View solution in original post