Insert a List view / multiple records in an email?

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Hi,

Is it possible to insert multiple records from a list view into an email in a workflow?

So i have a form where the user enters several records on a form, then submits it. The records are all groups via a Unique_Ref

I then want to use the records and mapped the records across into an email event (k2 studio workflow) and send the email.

Is this possible?

Is there a looping action i can use in the email to display the records?

7 replies

Badge +9

Try Calling the smartobject inside the email body.

Hi Sharp,

If it is one column, As said by Vijay, you can call smartobject in email body and select the option(Return all results that match filter).

So that it will result all the values.

And if you want to display more than one column, then you need to write some custom code.

Regards

SK

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies.

There are several columns in the records, so does anyone happen to have a step by step guide on how to achieve this with K2 Studio + Email Action?

Thanks

Dear Sharp,

i recorded all the steps, please find the attachement.

Note: you need to use k2 for visualstudio, beacause you cant write the custom code in k2 studio.

Regards

SK

Badge +10

Using K2 5
I have an email that I'm needing to display a list of records populated from a SQL View.

I have 1 column that needs to display some concatenated information but I would like it to display as a list, not as a paragraph with all the results grouped together.

Is there a way to parse the records out to display as rows?
Example:

Current:   
Record 1   Record 2   Record 3  Record 4...................

Would like:

Record 1

Record 2

Record 3

Record 4

Badge +9

One solution that i can suggest is to try using Join function and call the smartobject Column in Values and in Separator add this  <br/>.

This will render all the values as html, each seperated by <br/> tag and in email it will be rendered as you required.

Regards,

Vijay.

Badge +10

I was just about to come in and post the solution I found out which is exactly what you stated below.

Found a post that had information about the join but using a  ',' or ';'  so I just thought I'd try the </br> which worked perfectly!

Thank you!