SignOut of K2

• 20 March 2015
  • 2 replies

Badge +5

Hi, 

Has anybody implemented signing out of K2 after 4.6.7 with Claims? I need to add a button to a form which will signout the current user so whenever they try to login to K2 again they are prompted to enter credentials. 

Thanks. 

2 replies

Badge +8

Hello,

Here is some information on our sign-out which is accessible via URL: http://help.k2.com/kb001703

You'll have to experiment with prompting for credentials.  I believe that is a behavior of the browser where you would be prompted for credentials everytime you visist a web site: 

Modify the security settings in Internet Explorer

To modify the security settings in Internet Explorer, follow these steps:

1. Start Internet Explorer.
  2. Click Tools, click Internet Options, and then click the Security tab.
  3. If your computer is connected to the Internet, click Internet, and then click Custom Level.

If your computer is connected only to a local intranet, click Local Intranet, and then click Custom Level.
  4. In the Security Settings dialog box, make sure that Automatic logon with current username and password is enabled under User Authentication.
  5. Click OK two times.

Delete the stored user name and password

If your computer is running Microsoft Windows XP or Microsoft Windows Server 2003, follow these steps to delete the stored user name and password for the Microsoft CRM Web site:

1. Click Start, point to Settings, point to Control Panel, double-click User Accounts, and then click the Advanced tab.
  2. Click Manage Passwords.
  3. Delete any stored usernames or passwords that reference the Microsoft CRM server.

If your computer is running another version of Windows, follow these steps:

1. Start Internet Explorer.
  2. Click Tools, and then click Internet Options.
  3. Click the Content tab, click AutoComplete, click Clear Passwords, and then click OK.
Badge +5

Hi, 

Thanks for this, I had actually seen the document earlier. 

I have found a way using K2 Smartforms and the [k2installation]k2 smartforms runtime_trustlogout.aspx. I found that if you call this file twice, on the second call you will be prompted to login again. 

You call the file first time, then close the browser. Then you call it again when you open the browser and it prompts you to login again. What I did was use buttons on a SmartForm and redirect rules, works great. 

Thanks again.