Workflow Update Document Action - Rich Text duplicated

Badge +3

Hello,

I have a workflow that i create a Update Document where i use content controls. My input variable is Multiple text where when i put New Line or Enter between my data i have a result where the Rich Text content control in the document is duplicating the data.

This is what i want to have as result:

Name 1

Name 2

And this is what i take as a result:

Name 1

Name 2   ......................Name 1 .....................Name 2

Thanks in advance,

Kyriakos

11 replies

Badge +11

Hi Kyriakos Michael,

This might not be a Nintex question. Have you checked the option to enable the carriage return on the content control in Word? Select the Content control  > from toolbar, select Properties. There is a check box for "Allow Carriage returns (multiple paragraphs)." Hope it helps.

Badge +3

Hi Kapil Joshi​ - Yes i checked this option and i have the same result. The problem is when i put Enter or New Line in the variable then the Rich Text or the Plain Text in the Word are duplicating the data.

Badge +11

I have the similar scenario setup where a large paragraph is entered with bullet points and new lines. It comes up fine in my word template with content controls and not duplicating.

Could you check if you are updating the content control more than once in the workflow or if there is any nested content control in word created by mistake.

Badge +3

I check everything and again the same result.I create again from the beginning and still the same problem. If have the pleasure and is possible to show me an example, i will appreciate.

Badge +11

Sure, I can explain my setup.

I have a list where the temporary employee information is entered. Once entered, the workflow creates/populates a document in the library. I have created a new content type in this library and it is a word template created with Content controls.

Inside the workflow, I have Create Item action, which creates item in this library, using the content type. Then i just populate the field from the list.

Here is my document content type with Content Controls:

Capture1.JPG

Here is Create item action from workflow:

Capture2.JPG

Final document:

Capture3.JPG

Hope it helps.

Badge +3

Hello Kapil Joshi​ - Can you tell me what version of Nintex Workflow you use?

Badge +11

I'm on SP2010 and NW2010 2.4.2.0.

Badge +3

Hello Kapil, this question also bother me for a long time as well.

But I don't quite understand your solution. Could you please tell me how to show the information in your column(do you create content type in "site content type" page?) when you create new item into the document? 

from here:

to here:

Sincerely hope you can help me, thanks~

Badge +2

The last update to Nintex Workflows for SP 2013 on-premise seemed to fix this update for us.

Badge +11

Eden Lin

Please search on how to create content controls for the Word documents. Yes, i created a content type for the site. Added this content type to my library and then edited the word template for the content type. While editing, you can refer to the columns of your doc library and place them as content controls on your word document template.

Hope it helps.

Badge +3

I have found  that setting and put those columns into documents~

It is quite helpful, thanks!