Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Site workflow, Query List not working as expected with Yes/No Checkbox

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have a simple site workflow to query list items by applying filter based on the Yes/No (Boolean) column. The workflow is failing to query when filter is set to "ColumnA"=="Yes". By default the query is getting the items with value == "No".

In the below example, I am trying to query items by applying filter "Escalated"== "Yes" and update the Title field. But the workflow is capturing only items with value "No" and updating the items. I am also trying to Log the Boolean value but it is returning null (please see below screenshots). Did anyone face this issue before or have any idea why this could be happening?

Thanks!

Workflow.pngquery.png

List.pngLog.png

Labels: (2)
6 Replies
sojanm
Nintex Newbie

Re: Site workflow, Query List not working as expected with Yes/No Checkbox

Jump to solution

Hi Akhil,

Instead of Yes, try using True or 1

View solution in original post

tbeduneau
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Akhil,

strange behaviour but you're right : same for me here !

I tried with filter "Escalated is equal to Yes", "is equal to 1", "is equal to Oui" (in french), "Is equal to True"....nothing works ! QUery always get only the opposite, that is to say the "Escalated = No" items.

I had it work by using "Escalated is not equal to Yes".....to get the "yes" items !!

cc Nintex Support

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks Sojan! It worked when value was set to '1'. Is this expected behaviour? I was able to query fine with "Yes" at list level but did not work at site level.

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Please let us know how you make out, Akhil M​! Thanks!

0 Kudos
sojanm
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi Akhil,

Good to know that it worked, I had the same issue before, I think since it is Boolean, the value is stored in database as 1 or 0. The Query list uses CAML query where the data type is Boolean and it is expecting 0 or 1.

gman
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Akhil,

Like many, this seems strange behavior and is very counter-intuitive, especially since there are databases that don't use 1=Yes and 0=No. One thing I typically do is to create a Yes/No variable type entitled ynYes with its value set to "Yes". If I need one for "no" I do likewise - ynNo variable with value set to "No". I can then use either of these within the workflow in place of "1" or "0" and it communicates more clearly the intent for someone trying to interpret what's going on.

Just another option.

Gerard

0 Kudos