Flexi Task not required

• 19 April 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hello all,

I have run into what seems to be an issue out of the blue.  I have a workflow with multiple flexi-tasks used for approval.  The workflow starts out with one, then proceeds to another and another and so on.  The issue is that even though the 2nd flexi-task says it requires input, occasionally the flexi-task will show not required and just sit there stalled out.  Has anyone seen anything like this?

Taylor

4 replies

Badge +11

Hi Taylor,

can you please explain how your flexi task "says it requires input" or how it shows "not required" and what you mean it's just sitting around. Does your workflow stop at this point? Can you maybe even provide us some screenshots of your workflow history or any errors?

Regards

Philipp

Badge +1

Got exactly the same problem. Flexi task assigned and goes straight to not required. Workflow then sits with Error Starting.

Did you ever find out what the problem was?

Chris

Badge +3

Hi,

same issue here. All task that are assigned to people by a Flexi-Task are set to "not required" out of nowhere.

The workflow used to work just fine.

I really hope someone can help me here.

Badge +3

Alright, found the solution for my problem. The workflow error. It is propably caused by two actions.

First action: I remove the item permissions for the initiator and set them to "read-only".

Second action: I grant myself and other Administrators "Full-Control" on the item again. Just to make sure we are able to remove our test items from the list again. However, the errors make the whole workflow fail and all assigned tasks are set to "not required".