I have many Site collection reusable workflow templates that I am using for an application. Each of the workflows needs to start on a content type on modify, but conditionally.
I add the conditional start to the Site collection reusable workflow template but it is running on the content types on all updates, not just the ones I want it to. this is really halting progress for delivery of an application and I am pulling my hair out.
has anyone come across this before?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Have you found a solution or a workaround? We have a different issue with reusable workflows conditional start, I'm currently looking for hints.
For your situation, a workaround could be to use the Filter action to stop unneeded processing of wrong content types as the first in the definition.
hi yes I had this back from support:
Our developers have come back to me with regards to this issue This issue is occurring due to the column name being above 32 characters long, the spaces add an additional 7 characters each. I have tested your solution with a shorter column name and I did not have any issues Can you test your solution with a shorter column name and let me know what happens
This behavior is due to the limitations of SharePoint. Microsoft have imposed the 32 character limit on the internal column names which causes the behaviors that we observed. This is not something that we can change the workaround would be to have shorter column names instead of spaces "-,_" could be used.
I tested this and it worked...