Copying Item list based to another Sharepoint list when created

• 4 November 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hi there, Just new to exploring nintex workflow and apologies if this was asked already, but I can't seem to get the right solution for my scenario.

I have multiple lists (time sheets) for each teams that we have. Having different list for each team is crucial because of multiple reasons (privacy, activity data pull, manager, etc) but I want to consolidate all of the data entered from all of those time sheets into one Sharepoint list for easy pull of data. 

I'm kinda lost in how to start the workflow. Should I just use Copy Item? but my condition would be everytime there's a new entry the workflow should copy the data to the consolidated list. and If ever there's an update, it will also update in the consolidated list. Is that even possible? as for the columns that needs to be copied, All of the times sheets have the same column name and type so there won't be an issue there

I'm also open with links of already answered forums with this types of scenarios as well.

4 replies

Badge +11

I use 2 workflows on my time sheet list, one create item and one update item. I added a column MasterlistID.

1.- Create item WF: (Start workflow on new item) create item action and store new item ID. Update item action to update my timesheet list MasterlistID column with the new itemID.

2.- Update item WF: (Start when items are modified)  , Query List (Master consolidated list) MasterlistID=ID ,update item.

Badge +1

Thank you so much! Took time in learning the Stored item ID variable but it's all good.

Just one more question, I've created a subsite for a more clean separation from the main site for the time sheets. I saw that there's an option where we can create an item in a different sharepoint site. Just wondering if it's also possible for the 2nd workflow to update an update from a different site as well? I can't move the existing time sheets since it already has multiple entries in it

Badge +11

Yes you can, use the Update multiple items action . It should work, For your query list , you'll have to select CAML editor to view your list and filter the ID. 

Badge +11

@MilcahSadsad Yes you can, use the Update multiple items action . It should work, For your query list , you'll have to select CAML editor to view your list and filter the ID.