Using Javascript to capture signatures on forms and using that name for formatting rules.

• 11 December 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge +7

I need a little help from the community.  Currently, we are using some custom JS to capture electronic signatures on our forms (see attached JS file and screenshot below).  In the past, we add a people picker field and make the person select their name, and then make them sign.  The rule/validation is done off the people picker field.  I am trying to eliminate having to add the people picker field, and somehow use the name that is populated from the JS signature.  I can create a validation but initially, the first person accessing the form is able to sign all 3 signatures, due to lack of initial caching.

Can anyone help with this?

5905i05BF8853E0F0C6D3.png

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Not entirely sure I'm understanding the problem correctly, but could you prevent people from accessing the "Approved By" signature stuffs by simply disabling based on whether 

1) The Other Signatures had been filled out

2) The {Current User} didn't match the User of the previous signatures. 

(Or is it that one user could technically do all three?) 

Another question, in a perfect world, should the progression be: 

1) User signs "Originated By", submits form
2) User signs "Entered By", submits form

3) User signs "Approved By", submits form

Or, can the top two happen at the same time (first session), while the last one will always happen at a later time (any session after the first)?