I have been working with Nintex Workflow 2013 for a couple of month now and ran into the following problem that I just cannot wrap my head around:
I am trying to create a site workflow that will send notifications out to each one that has been assigned to a certain item and did not work on that item for a certain time.
The notification should only contain information of multiple list items that have been assigned to the person and after a certain period of time or more specifically after the status on that item has not been edited for 2 days.
I have seen the entries about how to make the site workflow wait for two or more days but I could not find any people filter with a customized list of items.
I would really appreciate if someone got an idea how I could solve this.
Thank you and have a good day.
A way to tackle this is to use a combination of the Calculate Date and Query list actions. First start off with a Calculate date. Use this to determine if "Today" is the day you wish to check the list for. So if you are looking to see if it has been two days since something has been edited, check the box "Use date when action is executed" and place a -2 in the days field. Store the date as an ISO 8601 date string and your variable will need to be a single line of text. Next you will perform a Query list action. Use the filter of modified or equal to your date variable. Inside the query list, you can pull in all the necessary items like list ID, created by, modified by basically anything that you need to help identify the list item and all the people who you need to notify. Below is a link that I've used to help create my query list actions. It was created by @jesse_mchargue. It should be able to help you on all the steps necessary for the query list action. I use this in several different site workflows that run nightly to send out notifications for various different things.
Thank you @brianknight. I went through the post of @jesse_mchargue but the issue I do have is that I want to send out notifications only assigned to the list items with only the items that they are mapped on. So far I could not find any solution to this since their name may change or be in different SharePoint groups...
- Calculate today-2 and store in a variable tMinus2.
- query assignees by filtering open tickets and tMinus2.
- remove duplicates from the collection of assignees.
- use a for each loop for assignees.
- for each assignee from assignees, query for ID filtering open tickets and tMinus2 and assignee equals or contains current assignee
- you can build a html table using the build string for this. or a multiline text can also be updated
- For each currentID in IDcollection.
- Using currentID query whatever details you want from the current itema and store in the collection.
- keep appending the details after each query.
- place send notification for each successful inner loop iteration.
this will send 1 mail to each assignee of all the open tickets which is open with no action taken from past 2 days.
You can run this site workflow everyday and need not pause for 2 days.