Calculation Control automatically setting values to numeric

• 14 March 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge +8

Hello,

I was wondering if there were any updates on a possible fix for the Calculation Control.  I just ran across this unique problem with it were if you bring in a string of numbers say like an employee id through a userprofilelookup. It then automatically converts that string of numbers into a numeric value that hampers comparing that id to other strings.

Thanks,

Kevin

3 replies

Badge +8

Thanks @Adam Shortland for your reply but I have it set to string which it does when the form is submitted to the list, but before the form is submitted the control is automatically setting the information to a Numeric Value so its coming out incorrectly when we compare it to a string value we have stored in another list.

Badge +8

Have started to test this with other controls and even a form variable.  Even if i set Type to String, Nintex is automatically converting a string of numbers into a numeric value versus keeping it as a string.  Why is this and is there a fix for this? Is there a workaround to keep a string of numbers from becoming a numeric value?

Badge +8

Workaround that i have come up with for this issue.

Calculation Control - add a +"x" onto your number that shouldn't be

then where you need just the number substring out the variable

So in my case it was

Calculation Control (ID) - userProfleLookup(CurrentUser, "ID")

Then in our rules for doing compares we then substring(ID, 0, (Length)) length being how far down the string you wanted to bring out.

Now everything is working like it should.  Also seems the Nintex Development team is still working on a fix for this issue but till then will have to use a workaround.