How can you stop people seeing the 'Workflow Tasks' list?

Badge +4

Firstly I'm quite new to Nintex so apologies in advanced if this one is fairly obvious.

I've created a workflow that used 'Request data' and 'Update item' on a SharePoint List. Users receive an email with a link requiring them to enter a date (with another action that updates a field on the same list). It's takes them to SharePoint to enter the requested information and click 'Complete Task'.

Once this is done it successfully completes the workflow and takes the user to the 'Workflow Tasks' list where they can see a list of all the workflow activity happening on the site. Is there any way to prevent this?

Firstly for an end user most of the information is irrelevant to them and they probably don't know what it means. Secondly it contains the information about other workflow activities that I might not be able to see from other workflows on the site - even though the library/list is limited.

I have done a quick resolution by hiding some of the columns on the default view. However the preferences is for users to not able to see this. I've had a look at the permissions required for them and figured that I can't remove their permissions without preventing them from responding to tasks. Additionally if they get some sort of customised confirmation message once they click 'Complete Task' that would be even better.

Thanks in advanced.

Harry

6 replies

Badge +7

Hi, 

Did you try the Redirect URL property in the form?

It will redirect you to the set URL once you click on save or cancel. 

BR,

Badge +4

Philip,

Thanks for your reply. However this didn't work for me. I don't see that option on the 'Request Data' workflow.

Is the option somewhere else?

One of my concerns was having some of the sensitive information be seen by others on some of the workflows which I have got around by create a new workflow task list and limiting the permissions. However if there was a way to redirect them elsewhere that would be helpful.

Thanks

Badge +7

If so, add "Source" parameter to the outlook link/URL like

https:.../EditForm.aspx?ID=76&Source=URL of the home page
Badge +4

Philip,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

Can you briefly walk me through the steps on how to add the 'Source' parameter?

Thank you

Badge +16

In the email notification sent with the task, edit the url to add "&Source=URL" to the end.  I usually do this and use Common:WebUrl for the redirect URL.

Badge +7

This is the link to the task (Approval URL) with a redirection to home page after submitting (Web URL).