Nintex form conditional selection of value from other list

Badge +1

I am new to Nintex.  I am using Nintex forms for a system of process audits.  I have a central list of facilities with business unit and facility number.  I would like to select from this central list the facility based on a subset based on business unit.  This value will be stored in the SharePoint list / Nintex form for the process audit.

Can anyone provide guidance?  Thanks in advance.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

It sounds like you are trying to set up the scenario for cascading drop downs. In this case, one selection will filter the successive selection. See Cascading drop downs and Nintex Forms for SharePoint​ for how to build this scenario.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

I agree with Andrew, cascading should do the trick.  Were you able to figure this out or did you need more info?

Badge +1

Hi all.  First, thanks for taking the time to reply.  The cascading tutorial made a lot of sense.  I did try to implement in my application, and find that I've still not quite got it hooked up properly.  I think it has something to do with how the filter is set up.  If I turn the filter off then I do see the whole unfiltered secondary list.  When I turn it on I get no entries.  I've tried different variations of the form id and field names.  Not quite sure what I'm doing wrong.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Clifford, attach a screen shot of the setup, let's take a look and see if we can get to the bottom of it.

Badge +1

The attached document has screenshots of the setup of each element.  Is this enough?  If not, please let me know what other information I can provide.

Thank you for taking the time to take a look.

Cliff

Badge +1

I asked someone in our IT dept who is learning to use Nintex.  They pointed out that I needed to make the business unit field/column in the facility list a lookup (vs single line of text) to the business unit list.

Once I did this, then things worked.

Thanks again for all of the input.