Two Close buttons showing in Display Mode

Badge +3

Hi All,

I have a 2010 form that shows two close buttons when it is open in display mode:

184178_pastedImage_0.png

I do have a save button and a save and submit button (the save and submit button is set to not show on the ribbon), are these showing because of that?

How do I only show one of these?

Thanks!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Yes, it is taking the default settings. Click on your buttons in the designer, in the Control Settings for each button you can expand the properties for "Ribbon". You will see these settings to change how it appears in the ribbon.

Show on RibbonShow this button on the Ribbon toolbar (if available) in addition to the form.
Ribbon icon URLIf shown on the Ribbon toolbar, specify the URL of the icon (32x32px) to use. 
Ribbon button orderDetermines the order in which buttons will appear on the ribbon toolbar.
Ribbon button group nameThe name of the Ribbon toolbar group to display the button.

Just set one of them to not appear in the ribbon.

Badge +3

Thanks Andrew, unfortunately the Save and Submit button is already set to not appear on the ribbon:

184180_pastedImage_0.png

The Save button has:

184184_pastedImage_1.png

Badge +11

Hi Suzanne,

if you set your save button to not appear on the ribbon as well, are both buttons gone? Is it only in preview mode or did you already publish your form?

However, you should be able to use additional CSS to hide one of these buttons. Use your browsers developer tools to inspect the DOM and find some class/id/structure you can use as a selector to find your button, then simply hide it.

Regards

Philipp

Badge +3

Doh I feel like an idiot...because I had two sections (one that only shows for certain criteria) to the form I also had 2 save buttons AND 2 Cancel buttons...hide one of the cancel buttons and it went away...Thanks Andrew and Philipp for your input!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hidden buttons! Glad you found it. Please mark one of the answers as correct or your own. They all seem viable. Thanks!