Viewflow issues.

• 19 January 2011
  • 4 replies

Badge +6

Hi,

My client has the following setup which is sitting at a data centre, their users only access it via the internet.

Server A: SharePoint 2010

Server B: K2 Blackpoint (4.10060.1.1230 - KB001230 installed)

Server C: SQL server 2008 R2

they use the url www.mysite.co.za to access it, and we have setup a sub domain: k2.mysite.co.za that points to the k2 server. when the user wants to see the view flow, it opens up a new window, and goes to the following address:

http://www.mysite.co.za/_layouts/K2/TaskList/ViewflowMain.aspx?ProcessID=9&ViewType=ProcessView2003&Silverlight=true

and the user gets the error "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage".

I did some testing and found if I change the bit at the end of the URL: Silverlight=true to Silverlight=false. The "old" viewflow loads fine. The next issue is once this loads, and the user clicks on anything that would normally give them more details, they get a SharePoint error.

I have checked the logs for SharePoint and I see this error is attached to the correlation ID that they users are given:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.  
 at SourceCode.Workspace.OOBReports.PageCodeBehind.TaskListViewFlowReport.get_ReportViewerID()   
 at SourceCode.Workspace.OOBReports.PageCodeBehind.TaskListViewFlowReport.OnPreRenderComplete(EventArgs e)   
 at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Does anyone have any idea on how to get the Viewflows working? This is my last hurdle before this system can go live!

4 replies

Badge +9

Hi Thirsty,

I would suggest that you log a support ticket for this to ensure a speedy resolution to your issue.

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Maybe this is a stupid question, but do you have Silverlight 4 installed? And also the Microsoft Report Viewer Redistributable 2008 SP1
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=BB196D5D-76C2-4A0E-9458-267D22B6AAC6&displaylang=en

K2 Documentation:

Getting Started > Planning the environment > Requirements > Software by Component > Prerequisites for the K2 for SharePoint component

HTH

Vernon

Badge +6

Silverlight 4 is installed on my machine, and the ReportViewer is installed on my machine and the SP server.

Badge +10

You've probably resolved this issue by now but I just ran into an issue with similar symptoms and wanted to post what resolved it for me.

In my case the problem turned out to be an IIS bindings issue for my K2 workspace website running on the K2 Server hosting the K2 runtime services.  I had a host name for the IIS site set similar to K2Staging.Denallix.com but I noticed the viewflow was trying to just resolve it to K2Staging which which IIS didn't like.  I ended up just adding another binding for K2Staging and it now works.