cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

SharePoint List Item attachment status

Hi,

I am finding some solution to get the attachment status. Is it possible with Nintex ?

Can we check the status of a SharePoint list item attachment i.e. item having attachment or not ? If attachment exist then update a column to "Yes" otherwise  default "No".

Please suggest if it's possible with Nintex.

Mahi

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: SharePoint List Item attachment status

where do you want to check it, in forms or in workflow?

Not applicable

Re: SharePoint List Item attachment status

If you are using a List (not a document library), and all you need to know is whether a list item has an attachment or not, then a workflow can access that iinformation. Getting any more information about attachments doesn't seem to be easy, but a "yes/no" status is possible.

By setting up an "on change" workflow, you could check the valus of the item's "Attachments" property each time the item is saved, and update another column with the information.

It is also possible to detect whether an attachment is present in a Nintex form, although i'm not sure if you can do this using normal Nintex field functions or whether it must to be done with custom Javascript. When I needed to do something with an attachment's name in a form, I ended up using custom JS.

0 Kudos