cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Workflow Hero

SharePoint 2013 Workflow Manager and Nintex Dependency

Jump to solution

What dependency does Nintex have on the SharePoint 2013 Workflow Engine? In other words, if there is a problem with SharePoint 2013 Workflow Manager, will Nintex workflows break? We are re-writing all our workflows in Nintex. A few weeks ago, SharePoint 2013 Workflow Manager had an issue, so all workflows based on SharePoint 2013 Workflow engine had problems also. If all our workflows are re-written in Nintex and then we have a problem with SharePoint 2013 Workflow Manager, will Nintex workflows fail? 

Thanks

4 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: SharePoint 2013 Workflow Manager and Nintex Dependency

Jump to solution

From my knowledge, for the version onpremise 2013, still has not dependency with the Workflow Manager. But I suggest you to write to support@nintex.com

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Yes you are right, the on-premise Nintex 2013  version has no dependency with the workflow Manager, It uses the buildin SharePoint 2010 workflow engine.

The following is the reference from Installation Guide:

The Installation guide can be downloaded at: Installing Nintex Workflow 2013 and Nintex Forms 2013  

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Thank you! So just to be clear, if we are not using SharePoint 2013 Workflow Manager, but only NIntex workflows, I do NOT have to install and configure it. 

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Yes you are right, the on-premise Nintex 2013 version has no dependency with the workflow Manager, It uses the buildin SharePoint 2010 workflow engine.

0 Kudos