Solved

Scoring mechanism in Nintex Forms

• 9 February 2015
  • 5 replies

Badge +8

Hi guys,

Has anyone ever tried making some kind of "scoring mechanism" in Nintex Forms?

Example:

Question 1 choice: A B or C --> in case A the score will be '-1', in case B score '2' and so on. But then for more questions .

I would like to show the scores on the form. That when one picks an option it appears in the column next to it. And in the end the total score should be calculated and displayed.

I'm a bit stuck on this... It's working fine when I would use input number fields where one could enter the appropriate score and the form generates the sum using a calculated field. But I actually do not want users to be filling them out manually as mistakes could happen.

I already tried using a form variable and a calculated field... did not work out as I am actually not sure what function(s) to use.

Any brilliant ideas or tips? Otherwise I will use a workflow to take care of the calculations, but in this business case it would be an added value if it would be possible in the form itself.

Thanks,

Glenda

icon

Best answer by kapilkjoshi 9 February 2015, 20:27

View original

5 replies

Badge +11

Hi Glenda,

Here's the formula that you can use:

If(option1=="A",2,If(option1=="B",3,If(option1=="C",4,0)))*3.00

Use this formula in the calculated field in Integer format. 2,3,4 are the values for each options and 3.00 is the weightage of each score if you need. At the end create another caluclated field to sum the results. Hope this helps.

Badge +8

Awesome. Thanks Kapil Joshi‌, works like a charm! Please pay attention though with the quotes, they should be singles .

Badge +11

Glad it resolved your issue. The double quotes work for me. I would be eager to know what is the standard?

Badge +8

To be honest I immediately changed the double quotes to the single ones (it works). With other rules I mostly ran into troubles when trying to use double quotes and most of the time the use of single quotes resolved the issue. Not sure though about what the standard naming convention is... anyone? :-)

The calculated field on the list or form?