cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

SharePoint 2013: Creating managed metadata columns in another site.

Hello everyone,

In one of our business requirements i'm supposed to create/update managed meta data columns in another site.  I have followed a solution suggested by community members, Setting managed metadata fields in a Nintex workflow | Habanero Consulting Group ,  implemented the same.  Result: workflow status is complete.   However, site columns are not updated in another site.  Any insights would be appreciated.

-Nitesh Teja

https://habaneroconsulting.com/insights/setting-managed-metadata-fields-in-a-nintex-workflow#.VwR_t9...

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
janeyres
Nintex Newbie

Re: SharePoint 2013: Creating managed metadata columns in another site.

Hi,

Please can you post a screenshot showing the configuration of the web service action?

Thanks

Jan

Not applicable

Hi Jan,

Here's the screen shot of the web service configuration.  It's same as that of the link provided in the original question.

Query.jpg

Thanks,

Nitesh Teja

0 Kudos
janeyres
Nintex Newbie

And please can you confirm that the URL points at the correct site and that the Nintex Workflow Account has the required permissions?

Not applicable

Hi Jan,

Yes the site points to the correct URL.  I have created MMD columns using nintex action "create items in another site."  It works fine. When i use this method, i.e.., updating using web service i don't see any result.  And, yes nintex account has all required permissions.

Thanks,

Nitesh Teja

greenawayr
Nintex Newbie

Have you tried hardcoding in the expected output of your references to ensure what your references are trying to update is in the correct format. Perhaps Log this to the History List, then copy and paste it into the Run Now Dialog and test it.

igorsp
Nintex Newbie

I had a similar requirement where I had to create several hundred items with managed metadata fields from the excel spreadsheet. I resolved it by exporting all needed managed metadata terms with GUIDs. I created a simple list with two columns:

Term: My Term

TermGUID: My Term|7c42a3f3-ddf4-4bbc-b405-17cac2ca6deb

Then I created a workflow that first looks up the "TermGUID" value for my "Term" text value in the above list and then creates the item with managed metadata field and all the other needed info.

Maybe that helps.

0 Kudos