Send email from different address (no \reply-to\" field)"

• 10 November 2016
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hello, we created a support request automation service with Nintex workflows and we are sending emails through the "Send Notification" action to our company's providers using the default sharepoint smtp address (notifications@company.com) but with the "From" field is configured as (support@company.com). 

The problem here is that some of our providers use an automated services to reply our emails and their service doesn't reply to the "From" field address (support@company.com) instead they reply to the original sender (notifications@company.com) and this is giving us problem because our support area doesn't get the answer from the provider system.

Is there a way to send the email from an address different from the SharePoint's default smtp address (notifications@company.com) instead of using the reply-to address ("From" field in Nintex's Send Notification action)? Possibly sending the email through a web service instead of nintex's "Send Notification" action.. I am not a developer so I don't know if its possible to do so.

I will appreciate any help.

Thanks you!.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

That is not possible due to the fact the action is using the SharePoint built in functionality, that uses a defined SMTP and from address, as you noticed.

Regards,

Tomasz