Error: Value cannot be null. Parameter String : uriString

• 27 March 2012
  • 7 replies

Badge +5

Just wondered if anyone has come across this error before and if anyone could recommend any potential causes (I have googled it a bit but can't find any match for my scenario)?

We are using .NET 3.5 forms as our client event form technology and occasionally, when the user clicks the submit button on the K2 Submit user control, they get this error.

This is a sporadic error, I have as yet been unable to establish any pattern. There is no obvious error in the event viewer of the web and k2 servers.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks very much.

7 replies

Badge +10

Can you elaborate on your forms.  Are you just using regular ASP.net forms?  Where are they hosted?

Badge +5

Yes, regular .NET 3.5, c# forms hosted on a separate web server, IIS 6.0, Integrated Windows Authentication. We have custom c# code in the 'SaveFields' method of the K2 Submit user control but usually if we get an error with that then the error splashes across the whole page. This error is in the actual submit user control (ie below the actions dropdown list). Thanks.

Badge +10

I have not seen the error in this scenario before, has anyone else?

Do you have the ability to open a support ticket? I dont want leave you hanging out there without some type of solution.

Thanks

Badge +5

Yes I will do if nothing else comes up. Thanks again for your time.

Badge +10

When you get it fixed, please post back and let us know how it all went, would be great to see.

Badge +3

Hi Rachel,

I agree with Chris, please open a support ticket with K2 support desk for them to help you with this scenario/error. Also when you log the ticket please give them as much detail as possible, attach the applicable log files and screenshots.

Kind regards,

Badge +5

When I googled the error message generally, some posts were coming back referring to empty config settings. So I reviewed our environment variables and there was one that just contained 'http://' - it's an old one that we don't use anymore hence being left empty.  I've put a URL in it just in case....the uri error hasn't shown since (although it was always sporadic) so fingers crossed it was that. I will update here and raise a support ticket if we continue getting them.

Thanks again to you both for your feedback.