cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Setting a condition for a multiple selection column

I have created a task list in Nintex 2013 that contains a column named "Add Permission Group". The type is choice and display choice is Checkboxes (allow multiple selections). I want the workflow to check if the ONLY item selected is READ to send it down one path, but if the selection is anything else besides/including READ to go down another path. This is what the form looks like:

I've tried the Workflow Action Set a Condition, but it sends the workflow down the READ path no matter what's selected.

This is what that part of the workflow looks like. Any ideas? Thanks.

22 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: Setting a condition for a multiple selection column

Deborah,

The logic seems fine to me. What is the exact issue you are seeing?

The only possible question I might have is if the the Add Permission Group is returning the "read" in the format you need. It might be worth testing it by adding a send notification action and send the value to yourself.

Also what conditions you have set the workflow to run under?

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Use "Contains" instead "Equals"

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Fernando,

But wouldn't using "contains" do exactly opposite of what Deborah is asking? If I understand the question correctly, she only wants a different path, if the choice is ONLY "Read". if a combination of options is chosen along with READ, she wants the workflow to take a separate path.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Hi Deborah

I ran a test on my environment and found the following:

Test 1:  Selected "READ" only - value of Add Permission Group = READ

Test 2:  Selected "READ" and "RECON" only - value of Add Permission Group = READ, RECON

Test 3:  Selected "DIRMR" and "DPTCH" only - value of Add Permission Group = DIRMR, DPTCH

I think if you configure the set a condition action like this, it will work as you want:

SetACondition.PNG

it is checking that it equals READ but also that it does not contain a comma (indicating more than one selection).

This worked for the three tests (the correct branches were executed).

Thanks

Cassy

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Hi Deborah,

Your original Condition test would have worked - if you had the case correct. In your condition, you are looking at "read', but the value on your choice is "READ". I just tested this and it works fine when the case is correct.

Cheers,

Mark

Highlighted
Not applicable

Thanks Mark. I changed the condition to READ but it still sends it down the wrong path when READ is not selected.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Thanks Cassy - I tried that, but still sending down wrong path :(

Highlighted
Not applicable

yes, you're right.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

I tried contains but it still goes down the READ path.