Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kelliganp
Nintex Newbie

Set workflow status with a variable

Jump to solution

Hi Folks,

Is the a way to set the workflow status through the use of a variable or parameter? I want to include it in a UDA but do not want to be forced to hard code values in that action so that I can use it regardless of the custom outcome on a flexi task.

Thanks,

Patrick

Labels: (2)
18 Replies
fhunth
Nintex Newbie

Re: Set workflow status with a variable

Jump to solution

As part of your UDA configuration you can set a parameter that can receive a variable

kelliganp
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi Fernando Hunth,

Thanks for the reply!

Right... but the Set workflow status action looks like it can only take literal string entries rather than a variable.

Regards,

Patrick

christopheraucq
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi Patrick,

Are you sure? Here it is O365

Set Workflow Status.png

Regards,

Christophe

kelliganp
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi Christophe Raucq,

That is interesting... Here is a screenshot from on-prem. It looks like there is one action that is actually better in O365! Does anyone know if on-prem will be getting this feature?

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi, Patrick!

What are you trying to accomplish, update a task after it's completed?

kelliganp
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi Frank Field. I want to use the action in  UDA where the outcome can be anything they feed into the parameter.

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Patrick,

What are you attempting to do here. You could set a variable for the outcome of a flexi-task and use that within a workflow and you could also grab a workflow status of another workflow an pull it into a variable.  I have not seen the ability to grab the current workflow status as its generally not set until after the workflow is run which is why you see the set workflow status action only.

The image that Chris sent you does the same and allows the status to be set, but because of how O365 runs, its a tad different and allows variables which is the same as the text that you can set for on-prem. Unfortunately the text is hard-coded as you see in the image below

kelliganp
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi Eric Harris,

I want to put this action into a UDA and be able to pass a custom workflow status into the UDA via parameters. The way on-prem seems to work now is that the workflow status must be literal and keyed into the action.

Thanks,

Patrick

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Patrick,

Your assessment is correct.  One way you could do this is create a run if or some logic to choose the correct status based on the variable. The workflow status shouldn't be too vague or unpredictable but this allows you to set additional messaging in the status of the workflow.  Not the best use of that functionality when you could use other methods to pass information to the user, but doable.

What are you trying to achieve with the status?