Workflow stuck on 'Starting'

• 20 March 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hi all,

I seem to be having a problem with Nintex workflows and wondered if anyone else has had the same problem or if anyone knows how to fix.

I have 'workflow A' that starts on item creation and item modified and when field EXAMPLE = Yes.

Field EXAMPLE is updated/modified by 'workflow B' and then the conditional 'workflow A' attempts to start but gets stuck on 'Starting'.

However, If I manually update field EXAMPLE to "yes" the workflow starts no problem. So its something to do with another workflow updating field EXAMPLE.

Anyone previously had this problem or know how to fix?

4 replies

Badge +8

Hi ‌,

What happens when YOU start workflow B (or initiate that it is started)?

Cheers,

Rick

Badge +7

Dear luke Wilson‌,

Can you send WF as attachments?

Badge +1

Hi,

Thank you for the response.

I have attached 'Workflow A' but I am unable to attach 'Workflow B' as I've been told it could expose some of our company processes. However, I have created another very simple workflow that recreates the same problem.

If I manually change the filed the workflow does start so its to do with a workflow setting that field.

This has previously been working for a few years now on recently has it stopped working

Also attached some screenshots to help.

p.s its nothing to do with running 2 workflows at the same time as I also tested running the update item workflow in another library updating the item in this library and it gets stuck on starting again

Badge +16

Did you resolve this one?