Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Set item permission in another site

Jump to solution

Hi team,

I have a workflow that creates an item in another list (on another site) and runs it through a workflow from that other list. Once its done I have some values I would love to update back into the original list on the original site but I believe I need to give the initiator permissions to update that record. I am saving the items ID in the new workflow and wanted to match on ID when updating item. I do see a set permission drop down with options to set permissions on items in lists within the same site but any solutions for updating from another site?

Thank!  

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: Set item permission in another site

Jump to solution
You need a workflow on the list where you want to set the permissions.
You can elevate permissions to run as workflow owner rather then initiator by putting it in an action set and mark it as run as workflow owner.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

That is great news! Can you be a little more clear about how I update something from another site though? Of course I see a drop down option to update items from a list saved within same site but the list I am wanting to update into is in another team site. Is update item still the correction workflow action to use in this scenario? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Realizing now I can use Update Multiple Items action for updating to another site. And thanks for the permission setting tips I will definitely take that into consideration! 

0 Kudos