cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Set default value of multiple-selection list lookup control

I've seen other similar posts but I have never done Javascript before so I don't know where to start. 

I want the end user to be able to select a Department from a drop-down which filters on which checkboxes appear for the Security Groups control. I have accomplished this part. However, I want the value of the Department drop-down to set the default value of the checkboxes. In addition to setting the default checked boxes, I also want the end user to be able to select more checkboxes if desired. I have read many forum threads and it seems as though this can only be accomplished with javascript. Below are the details of what I have so far. Can someone direct me as to what variables I need to create, where to add the javascript and a sample of javascript code?

I have a Nintex Form with the following controls: 

• Department - connected to "Department" column which is a Choice drop-down.
  • SecurityGroups - connted to "Security Groups" which is a Lookup column
    • control settings: 
    • SecurityGroups.PNG

The List that it looks up is called Security Groups and looks something like this: 

lookup.PNG

When a user selects Sales from the Department drop-down on the nintex form, I want some of the checkboxes from the lookup column to be pre-checked. (sorry for the bad screenshot, I had to block out sensitive information). 

Result.PNG

Labels: (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Set default value of multiple-selection list lookup control

This seems pretty straight forward, but I have a few questions before I write anything up (so that I can get it right!). 

If you were to select a different department, let's say, changing from Sales to Marketing, and the user had checked a few additional boxes, should those values be cleared (leaving only the default 'All Users' checked), or should the values be left to what they were before the Department was changed? 

Is the Choice Control type for Distribution Group a Checkbox style (allowing multiple choices), or an Option Buttons style (allowing only (1) choice)? 

Choice Control Display Format OptionsChoice Control Display Format Options

IF it's a Checkbox with Multiselect, if a user selects something other than 'All Users' for the Distribution Group, say, 'Contractors' (or one of the other options that are hidden), should All Users still be checked? 

Thank you for your time! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Sorry for the late reply! Telework got me in a weird state of mind that I totally forgot I posted this. I think I checked it for a few days after I posted it but then stopped checking.  :)

I hadn't really thought that far out. I would say, yes if they change departments then we should clear the boxes back to the default. 

The distribution group is a check box (multiple-select). Once user selects the Department, I want certain boxes to auto select and then the user has the option to check additional boxes and the default will still be selected as well. So for example if the default for "Sales" is "Sales All Users" and the user selects the "Sales Contractors" checkbox, the "Sales All users" should remain selected. :)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

After the outbreak I was away from the office for several months, and am just now getting back to being able to help around here. I haven't forgotten about this, but won't be able to take it apart further until tomorrow. Sorry for the incredibly long wait!

I should have an answer soon.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

No worries! I'm actually surprised you remembered at all. This pandemic has sure thrown everyone in a loop hasn't it. Looking forward to hearing your wisdom.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

We are trying to do the exact same thing. Was a solution found? 

0 Kudos