cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hagarm
Nintex Newbie

Set datetime field to currentDate in Nintex Form 2013

I have an external list that is using a Nintex Form.  There is a datetime field called updatedDate, that I need to have auto set to Now() when a record is updated or added to the list.  Since it is an external list, I am unable to rely on Workflow to achieve.  I can't seem to find a way to accomplish.  I can set a default to currentDate, but that only seems to set the date for new records.  Anyone have a suggestion?

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Set datetime field to currentDate in Nintex Form 2013

@hagarm ....what if you use calculated control to capture the current date and time (you'll have to use both functions and format date on each to get clean format of date and time). If you don't want to current date and time when the form is in display mode then make sure it's set as not to re-calcuate the formula. You can connect this calculated control to a SharePoint column but the only problem is it will only connect to SLT column type.

You want to capture the date & time when the record is updated, right? Then why not use the modified field? Even if it's connecting to some external source, isn't that source has modified field?

0 Kudos
hagarm
Nintex Newbie

If I do a calculated field, I am unable to connect to the datetime field in my external list.  To clarify, my Sharepoint list is an External List based on a BDC on a MS SQL table.  The Nintex Form is to View/Edit/Add records to this external list.  Yes, I want to capture the datetime (now()) that a record is modified or added.

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

@hagarm ...can't you ask SQL team to create a string column called LastModified....then connect that to your calculated control and update that column?

As far as I know there is no other way to do so. Also, current time will show the time when the form is opened first time and if the form is kept open for 30 min then it will still use submission time - 30 min time. It won't be accurate.

0 Kudos