User Permissions in SmartForms

• 25 March 2014
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +5

Hi,

Just wondering what the best way is to give permissions to users on Smartforms

I have a form showing a Staff Travel Profile. All users can view it but only the user and an administrator can edit it. I can give permission to the user using a check against the system values (logged in user = user of profile) and enabling an 'edit' button. How can I validate against against other users that are in a K2 role?

All I can think of to do is create a SMO which lists the administrators allowed to edit travel profiles and do a check against the system values. However I would like to check against the K2 role as this would limit maintenance for this process.

Any ideas would be appreciated but would like to use a non-code option if possible.

Regards,

Ciara

2 replies

Badge

Hi,

I implemented something like this myself recently, and I found a video on the K2 University page that steps through the process.  My forms now check to see if the user is a member of the "Administration" Active Directory group.  The same process can be applied with K2 roles though. No code needed!

http://help.k2.com/videos/6507

Good luck

Badge +5

Thanks so much JohnRen, thats exactly what I'm looking for. Must spend abit more time on K2 University :)

Cheers,

Ciara