Looking for some advice from the community here on the Set Item Permissions action in the List and Libraries area in Nintex Workflow for SharePoint 2013.
I am using two Run If Actions for determining what is the Meeting Type that is being used when the end user creates the Document Set for the review documents. As seen in the second picture this is how I have setup the conditions when configuring the Run If action. I have also set the Run If action to run as the Workflow Owner.
My issue is that the workflow runs when a new document set is created as configured, but it does not change the permissions as expected of configured.
When configuring the User Permissions in the Set Item Permissions action does it matter what order you have the permissions configured? As an example in the screen shot below I have the permissions for certain groups removed and then I am giving other users or group permissions.
Or should I break the Set Item Permissions actions out, where I remove the permissions first in a separate Set Item Permissions action, and then have a second Set Item Permissions to add the permissions back against the Document Set?
Could it also be that the Set Item Permission works differently when being run against a Document Set versus a file in a list or library?
If someone can help me out here it would be greatly appreciated.
what actually happens when you run the workflow? errors? is the set item permissions green in the history diagram? try adding commit pending changes after set item permissions.
Thanks for replying Cassy.
I have added a Commit Pending Changes Action after each of the Set Item Permissions that I have in the workflow.
Below is a screen capture of the workflow as it is now:
The Run If action is being run as the workflow owner which is me, as I am the only administrator for our SharePoint site. We are running SP on premise.
In the first Set Item Permissions action I am removing all of the permissions on the new Document Set that is being created. Below is a screen shot of the configuration for this Set Item Permissions action:
As you can see I am not inheriting the permissions from the parent.
my question for the above image is am I duplicating efforts since I have the "Remove Existing Permissions" option checked off and then further down I am removing the permissions for specific SP security groups?
Should I just have the "Remove existing permissions" option checked off and remove the designated users that I have in the User Permissions section?
For the second Set Item Permissions I am adding the people and or Security Groups back against the Document Set that has just been created in the library.
In this Set Item Permissions action should I uncheck the "Remove existing permissions" option as I am trying to add permissions and not take them away.
The other thing that I have noticed is that when I create the first Document Set the permissions are applied properly to the Document Set. But, when I go and create the second Document Set in the library none of the correct permissions are applied and all people and security groups have permissions to access the second Document Set that was created for the staff member. The other thing that I find odd is that the second Document Set tha was created for the second staff member also now has access to the first staff members Document Set that was created and permissions properly applied to the first Document Set.
I am not sure if some of the issues that I am experiencing is due to I am using a customized Document Set or if it is the order that I am trying to apply the permissions in.