cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Item Permissions causes workflow to Error

Hello,

My workflow worked for serveral weeks.  Now, it errors on 'set item permissions'.  Not sure why, disabling the permission settings fixes it, but that's not an option.I tried the commit pending changes after the permissions, but no help.

Here's a snip of the log, hope this helps.

Labels: (2)
5 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Set Item Permissions causes workflow to Error

It doesn't appear that there is any related messages within these log files. The UserAgent error is a browser detection error that is unrelated and common in logs. Was there a Correlation ID that was posted and also found in these logs? Could you point out which one please?

Also, if the Set Item Permissions is now failing, a good first place to start is to ask about the context of the workflow. Such as, who is running it or initiating it. If non full control users are starting up the workflow, and within the workflow there is no elevated or run as permissions, then the workflow's context will be as the initiator. If the initiator does not have permissions to change permissions, then the workflow could fail there.

A good test would be looking for differences in the workflow's outcome based on who started the workflow and understanding their role.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Michal,

I would suggest you to put pause for 2 min's next after the set permission action item., This would help to resolve your issue.

Thanks

Arun

Not applicable

Please close the case, it was due to a change in the initiator’s AD account name and the workflow was running before an AD sync had occurred. Forced sync, all fine.

M

Michael Wingrave

Tidelands Bank

www.tidelandsbank.com

Automation Master
Automation Master

Just mark your answer as correct and is should close it out.

Not applicable

Michael,

Thanks for following up with the answer to your question! In the future if you require assistance troubleshooting a workflow error don't hesitate to reach out to us at support!

Cheers,

Andrew Beals

0 Kudos