Saving an Infopath form from the K2 instance

• 23 February 2011
  • 4 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +2

Hi,

I am new to this so am missing something obvious.  I am designing a workflow process that uses a InfoPath form.  The form is all designed and published into a SharePoint library and the SmartObject integration is all done.

When the user completes the form (in a Browser) I want the process to automatically define a unique name for the form and to same a copy of it into a SharePoint Library.

What are the steps I need to undertake to do this?

Thanks

Brett

4 replies

Badge +4

Use a SharePoint document event. In the Event Name and Action wizard there will be a section called Upload Documents. Expand it and select From K2 field. Next in Document Upload Source focus on k2 field. Browse and go to Process / Activity Data. Expand XML fields and select your info path form field. Next in Upload Document Destination provide SharePoint site URL, library where u want document to be uploaded, etc. Give a file name and make sure to make it of extension .xml. Update the metadatas if necessary. Thats it. Your InfoPath form will go to its place.

Badge +2

This has clarified part of my problem but not completely.  The solution as you outline will not allow me to set a standardized file-name the file-name option is grayed out and the tool says it will use the name of the InfoPath form.

So I guess my question is - who can I control the  name of the InfoPath form from within the BlackPoint workflow process?  For example I want to make up a prefix from two InfoPath text fields and then concatenate the BlackPoint workflow instance ID to make the full XML file-name.

Thanks

Brett

Badge +10

I use this technique all the time to archive out the InfoPath form after its been submitted into the process (blackpearl and blackpoint) and it does allow you to name the InfoPath form to whatever name you want.  I suspect that you might have select a wrong option in the wizard.

This blog might should help as it has screenshots of the wizards configuration.  Starting at figure 9.

http://blog.mgallen.com/?p=274

Also ensure that you give your saved infoPath form a XML extension.

Regards,

Tim

Badge +2

HI and thanks.  I also found this website a day or two earlier than your reply.  It looks good but I still need to implement it.  I have a different issue that I was hopeful would be resolved by the same solution but not so so am starting a new thread.

Thanks

Brett