Client event execution through code

• 21 June 2004
  • 1 reply

Badge
Hi Guys,

Can any one tell me how to trigger a client event in K2 through code.

I have createda wrapper class using the k2rom.dll for executing a process.
I am able to pass process level variables but i am not able to trigger the client event from the wrapper class.

Can anyone help??

Regards,
Puneet

1 reply

Badge +7
K2.net client events cannot be directly triggered via an external call. This is by design.

You were able to start a K2.net process instance via the K2ROM, and passed values into its process data fields. At this point, K2.net Server should take over and execute the process according to the way the process was designed.

:?: Did K2.net Server execute the said client event?
You can verify this in the K2.net Workspace's Process Overview report, or through the process instance's ViewFlow view. The client event should be blue if it is active.

There can be one of three outcome during the execution of a client event:
1. Client event is executed but no work item has been assigned to the Destination user defined in the activity's destination rule.
2. Client event triggered an exception error.
3. Client event is executed with work items assigned to the relevant destination users.

[1]: It was most likely that the Execute Client-side Code option in the client event was checked and you did not specify a URL for its Internet Page URL property.
[2]: You can view the error message in K2.net Service Manager's Error Profile. More info on Error Profile
[3]: Client event executed successfully with no errors.

Regards
Sam